Trump redesignates Houthis as terror group, IDF kills terrorists in Jenin
Marco Rubio discusses Iran, Gaza hostages with Netanyahu • France claims hostages in Gaza received medical supplies sent last year
Hamas commander back from the dead and Israel's Gaza problem - analysis
Reappearing Hamas commander Hussein Fiad claims Gaza 'victory' after IDF thought he was killed.
A Hamas commander who led Hamas fighters in Beit Hanoun and northern Gaza appeared in a video on January 22. Hussein Fiad, the commander, was believed to have been killed in May.
However, he apparently has a new lease on life. He gave a short speech after reappearing in the wake of the ceasefire. Standing with several men, the gaunt Fiad, who had a short beard, spoke about how Hamas had succeeded in Gaza.
He said that Israel had not achieved its goals in Gaza. He said that when one doesn’t achieve their goals, they lose. This is what “they call military rules; the strong one loses when he doesn’t win.” He implied that the weaker side, Hamas, won simply by virtue of not losing.
Go to the full article >>UNRWA debate to resurface as Israel, UN gridlocked over replacement organization
UN Security Council to debate UNRWA's future after Israel banned cooperation, as Ambassador Danon calls for alternative aid organizations in Gaza.
The UN Security Council will debate UNRWA next Tuesday as the future of the aid organization's ability to exist within Israel is uncertain after the Knesset outlawed Israeli participation with UNRWA late last year.
Go to the full article >>Trump redesignates Houthis as terror group, undoing Biden's previous reversal
The White House noted that after one month in office, the Biden administration reversed the Houthis designation as a Foreign Terrorist Organization.
US President Donald Trump redesignated the Yemen Houthi group, known formally as Ansar Allah, as a Foreign Terrorist Organization (FTO), the White House announced on Wednesday.
Go to the full article >>US top diplomat Rubio discusses Iran, Gaza hostages with Israeli PM Netanyahu
US Secretary of State Marco Rubio spoke with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Wednesday to reiterate Washington's support for its ally, and the two also discussed Iran and Israeli hostages in Gaza, the State Department said.
Go to the full article >>Trump's envoy says he'll be part of Gaza ceasefire inspections
Witkoff told Fox that implementation of the deal, which took effect on Sunday, would be more difficult than its execution.
US President Donald Trump's Middle East envoy said on Wednesday he would travel to the region to be part of what he described as an inspection team deployed in and along the Gaza Strip to ensure ceasefire compliance.
In an interview with Fox News, the envoy, Steve Witkoff, also said he believed all countries in the region could get "on board" to normalize ties with Israel. Asked to identify specific countries, he singled out Qatar, saying the Gulf country was a critical player in reaching the Gaza ceasefire deal.
Qatar, Egypt and the United States brokered the multi-phase deal between Israel and Hamas terrorists, and the two Arab countries have set up a communications hub in Cairo to head off new clashes between the foes.
Go to the full article >>The future of the IDF in post-Halevi, post October 7 probes era – analysis
What’s next for Israel’s military and defense strategy after Lt.-Gen. Herzi Halevi’s resignation?
The last time an IDF chief resigned mid-term was Dan Halutz following failures of the military during the 2006 Second Lebanon War.
IDF Chief of Staff Lt.-Gen. Herzi Halevi’s announcement that he will resign on March 6 after the IDF probes of the October 7 disaster are issued and with the hostage deal with Hamas moving forward was expected, but still a game-changer.
His resignation and that of the IDF Southern Command Chief Yaron Finkleman leaves only Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Shin Bet Director Ronen Bar in place of the dozen or so major officials who are generally viewed as responsible for October 7.
Go to the full article >>Katz to begin selection process for new IDF chief of staff on Sunday
Dark Horse candidate Maj.-Gen. Tamir Yadai makes the list, subverting expectations.
Defense Minister Israel Katz on Wednesday announced that he will interview three candidates on his shortlist to be the next IDF chief of staff starting on Sunday.
While it was expected that Katz would move quickly to select IDF Chief of Staff Lt.-Gen. Herzi Halevi’s replacement following his announcement that he would step down on March 6, the defense minister threw a wrench into the works by adding dark horse candidate Maj.-Gen. Tamir Yadai.
The Jerusalem Post and the entire media got two of three candidates on the final list correct: Defense Ministry Director-General and former deputy IDF chief Maj.-Gen. Eyal Zamir and outgoing IDF Deputy Chief Maj.-Gen. Amir Baram.
Go to the full article >>France claims hostages in Gaza received medical supplies sent last year
“Reports suggest that recently released hostages from Hamas captivity acknowledged receiving some medical treatments during their imprisonment,” the source explained.
Medical supplies sent for hostages held in Gaza in early 2024 were received, a French diplomatic source stated on Wednesday.
Go to the full article >>Tel Aviv terrorist thwarted by IDF officer wounded in Gaza
"I fought in Gaza about a year ago, was wounded, and lost my right hand," the officer said, adding he chased the terrorist the moment he noticed the attack.
The terrorist who carried out the terror attack in Tel Aviv on Tuesday night in which several people were wounded was thwarted by an IDF officer who was previously wounded in combat in the Gaza Strip, Israeli media reported on Wednesday.
Go to the full article >>Security forces target over ten terrorists in Jenin
IDF troops, Shin Bet (Israel Security Agency), and Border Police officers targeted over ten terrorists in Jenin in the West Bank, the military and police announced on Wednesday.
Go to the full article >>Israel at War: What you need to know
- Hamas launched a massive attack on October 7, with thousands of terrorists infiltrating from the Gaza border and taking some 240 hostages into Gaza.
- Over 1,200 Israelis and foreign nationals were murdered, including over 350 at the Re'im music festival and hundreds of Israeli civilians across Gaza border communities.
- 94 hostages remain in Gaza.
- 49 hostages in total have been killed in captivity, IDF says.
- The IDF launched a ground invasion of Lebanon on September 30.
- The Israel-Lebanon ceasefire came into effect on November 27 at 4:00 a.m.
- Netanyahu confirmed the first phase of the Israel-Hamas Ceasefire on January 17, 2025
- 735 terrorists will be released as part of the hostage deal